Friday, November 12, 2010

Power Balance Bands and other things

I have just purchsed a large quantity of  Placebo Bands.  I am going to use them in the course of my Cub Scouting Program to encourage critical thinking.  I have shown the Cubs (aged 8-10), how Applied Kinesiology can be used to fool people in to thinking they have more strength and balance when holding a magic hologram, (or in our case the super magic stuffed wombat).

My next plan is to teach them all to be able to do it themselves, and be able to share the techniques with others.  I hope to get some of the material from the JREF to ask the question "do I have ESP".  I would also like to run a session on the difference between an anecdote and evidence.  I believe the skepticzone or Australian Skeptics run lessons at schools, I would like to use some of this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment